最后登录
2014-1-1 
在线时间
16 小时 
楼主
发表于 2013-12-13 17:49 |显示全部帖子

and America Drug Problem-spun192

and America Drug Trouble
There have already been a great deal of sports figures inside the news not too long ago because of drugs. Most recently, Alex Rodriguez has been accused of steroid use. This was a major story as he appeared to become among only a handful of "clean" baseball heroes of recent occasions. Just before the Rodriguez scandal was the Phelps scandal. In case you are one of the 3 people within the country that haven't heard, he had been photographed smoking marijuana from a bong.
And drugs and sports grabbing headlines does not stop there, as recent articles on Fox Sports have discussed steroid use among the 70's Steelers, as well as the recent arrest of Corie Blount, a former NBA player, who was allegedly caught with 29 pounds of marijuana. Within the write-up he challenges what some saw as a racial double typical, and also briefly discusses some of the problems with this country's war on drugs. His article is associated to some of the material I use inside the course I teach on "The Psychology of Drugs and Drug Abuse." I show highlights of a documentary referred to as "American Drug War: The Final White Hope." This film does a good job (though biased at occasions) of displaying the dark side of this war on drugs.
As an example of America's misperception in the drug trouble,Cheap Authentic 49ers Jerseys Cheap Sale, were you conscious that tobacco kills far more individuals than all other drugs combined, which includes alcohol? According to Hart, Ksir, and Ray, smoking is responsible for about 440,000 premature deaths per year. In comparison, alcohol is responsible for at least 20,000 accidental deaths per year, and up to 75,000 within this country when you combine accidental deaths (vehicle accidents, boating accidents, falls, and so forth.) and deaths from the ill impacts on the body (cirrhosis, heart illness, and so forth.). And these numbers far surpass the deaths from illegal drugs (10-20,000 per year). The truth is, illegal drugs kill much less Americans then the misuse of prescription drugs. (I had difficulty receiving accurate data on prescription drug deaths as a result of misuse,Cheap Authentic Indianapolis Colts Jerseys On Sale, but most articles and sources make it clear that prescription drug misuse causes much more deaths per year than illegal drugs).
In line with the documentary I pointed out earlier, several of the contributors to the war on drugs are the companies from the tobacco and alcohol industries. Furthermore, this documentary makes use of interviews with former government officials to substantiate the claim that the war on drugs has been a colossal failure. Street drugs these days are a lot more plentiful, far more pure,Cheap Authentic 49ers Jerseys Sale, and less costly. So what has the war on drugs accomplished? As outlined by statistics, it has resulted in approximately 50% in the incarcerated population becoming jailed for non-violent drug crimes.
The point is the fact that you'll find some genuine misconceptions about the substance abuse trouble within this nation.
Possibly we are paying focus to the incorrect things. As opposed to paying focus to cuts in funding for substance abuse rehabilitation, or for the incarceration of non-violent drug offenders, we appear far more concerned with our appointed heroes gaining an benefit inside a sport they get paid massive amounts of revenue to play. Or in someone we have chosen to put on a pedestal, (a 23 year old at that) for letting us down by utilizing marijuana at a college celebration. We're worried about street drugs, like marijuana, when prescription drug abuse is causing much more damage. And we wouldn't consider producing tobacco or alcohol illegal, despite the truth it causes much more wellness and welfare problems than illegal substances.
Do not we contribute towards the sports worship issue? Do not we make sports figures heroes and role-models, maybe a lot more so than more worthy role-models? Don't we make sports the business enterprise it is actually currently, by acquiring the jerseys, paying the ticket costs, watching the games on television, and creating sports the industry that it's? Aren't we speedy to dethrone a person who tends to make a mistake,Cheap New York Jets Jerseys, as if perfection could be the only standard we'll accept?
I am not pro-drugs. I'm not confident if I'm pro legalization; I'd need to give the issue extra believed, and I'm not even sure I am certified to voice an opinion. But I am specific we are searching within the incorrect directions when we appear at drugs in this country. I'm hoping it is time for a transform: a adjust which finds all men and women searching for self actualization with out the need for any substance; a time exactly where compassion guidelines, as an alternative to self-righteous indignation. I never believe several of us are going to get self actualized or turn out to be enlightened watching sports on tv. Nevertheless it is usually a nice distraction sometimes. How about that Superbowl?
William Berry has worked inside the field of addiction for more than 15 years. He has been a Certified Addiction Experienced since 1996. He has worked in almost every type of addiction remedy out there, including detoxification, residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and regular outpatient. He has worked with all sorts of clientele,cheap jerseys free shipping, in the inner city in Philadelphia, towards the higher functioning substance abusers of your South Florida area. Mr. Berry has over 12 years expertise conducting group and individual therapy. Mr. Berry is well read inside the places of addiction recovery, psychology, and Eastern philosophy. He obtained a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology from FIU. He is also an Adjunct Professor at Florida International University, conducting a social psychology course entitled "The Psychology of Drugs and Drug abuse," and at Nova Southeastern University, conducting courses in Substance Abuse and the Household,Cheap Authentic New Orleans Saints Jerseys Cheap Sale, and Interpersonal Communication. Lately William has developed seminars for reducing the risk of teenage substance related troubles and for anger management. He has also created a workbook for the outpatient plan for which is director. The workbook is getting revised for mass publication. William continues to become creative in his profession to maintain the passion for what he does alive.
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证码 换一个